Thursday, May 1, 2008

Grocery savings from 3/16

HI! I just had to share… a friend of mine has been a great encouragement to me and has returned me to focusing on saving money on my grocery budget by wisely using coupons. Well, by saving my coupons, watching the Dillon’s and Walgreen’s inserts, taking advantage of some online resources as well as my friend’s research on deals, etc., I really got some bargains today and I had to share!!! Attached is a pic of what I bought today, but here is a list along with the savings:

12 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars
3 boxes of Kix cereal
1 box of Cheerios cereal
6 rolls of Bounty Basic paper towel
6 boxes of Kleenx tissue w/lotion
3 boxes of Betty Crocker AuGratin potatoes
3 boxes of Reynolds Slow Cooker liners
9 rolls of Scotch brand tape
12 Easter pencils
1 tube of Crest Pro-Health toothpaste (not a true bargain, it was just something I needed)
1 box of Electrasol dishwasher soap (again, not a true bargain, it was just something I needed)

My net total spent was $43.32 for a total savings of $74.04 or 63%. I was pleased! If I removed the toothpaste and dishwasher soap (again, they were not deals but something I needed to purchase), then my total spent would have been $37.42 with savings of $71.28 or 66%!!

Again, I just had to share!

No comments: