Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What if your store doesn't double coupons??

One other question that has come up is... what if my area stores don't double or triple coupons?

In my area I have one store that doubles coupons up to $1 so I am lucky there and have not had to question the value of couponing based on face-value only coupons. My sister is in the same situation as you and here’s what she does: look at the sites where you can buy coupons to see what coupons you can buy that have a greater face value that you do not get in your area (again, those are: www.ebay.com, www.thecouponclippers.com, www.thecouponmaster.com ). I suggest keeping a coupon wishlist handy when you visit those sites so that you can remember what coupons you specifically want to look for (otherwise I forget and sit there with a blank look on my face as if I have no idea what I even buy – LOL!). I also suggest becoming more savvy with printable coupons (assuming you can get them to print on your computer). I am getting better at finding internet printable coupons (it’s really just sheer persistence) as they generally have higher face value than do the coupons in inserts. My sister has snagged many good deals even without doubled coupons, it just takes a bit more work. I would think it would be trying. Perhaps you could keep track of the time you spend either internet searching for printable coupons and/or browsing the clipper sites (mentioned above) as well as the cost of the coupons you purchase to see if the cost of your time and coupons is worth what you are saving. There are times that I KNOW I invested WAY MORE time in research and organizing than I did on the actual savings and am working really hard to not repeat that very often!! But only you can decide if it is worth it!!

I hope that helps!

Blessings,
Amy

(p.s. A good source for printable coupons is to signup for the e-newsletters for the companies/products you purchase. )

No comments: