Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My NEW Coupon Binder!!

Just had to share my new coupon binder!! For the past few days I have been working on convering my coupon box to a coupon binder. It has been some work but already I love it! It is so easy to see what coupons I have without digging through little envelopes or little slots in my accordian file.

My basic set up is this: I have a zippered 2-inch D-ring binder with LOTS of trading card pages for binders (9 slots/page) as well as a few 4x6 photo pages for binders (2 slots/page), some tabbed index pages and a few regular sheet protectors.

Here is my first page:


This is a 4x6 photo page that holds the coupons I am planning to use on my next shopping trip - one slot per store (one for Dillon's and one for Walgreen's as well as a 2nd page with one for Wal-mart and one for rainchecks - organized by date).

Here are some samples of my inside pages:



Again, each page has slots for 9 coupons. I trimmed some of the coupons so they would fit nicely in the slots and some I just folded so I could see the product name and/or description. I have my binder divided into 14 categories:

refrigerated

frozen

boxed/bagged

canned/jars

cereal

baking

bread

beverages

paper/plastic

cleaning

Health & Beauty

Candy

Misc.

Baby

Then at the very back I have a couple of full-size sheet protectors to hold my restaurant coupons, rebate info, and other misc. goodies.

Also, the front cover of my binder has a pouch to hold a staple puller, scissors, calculator, pen/pencil and small sticky-notes.

This will make planning shopping trips as well as the actual shopping so much easier as I will be able to select a category and go right to a page for refrigerated bread items, or boxed/bagged snacks, or baby diapers, etc. Plus if I spot a great deal at the store then I can easily go to that category in my binder to see if I have any coupons for additional savings!

Well, that's all for now!!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Renee said...

That looks great!!