Friday, May 2, 2008

Great coupon savings but still too much on groceries!

Hello! I have been looking at our April spending and am pleased as well as frustrated all at the same time! I am pleased to say that in April our family had $615.19 in net coupon savings (after adjusting for the cost of coupons bought online as well as additional Sunday newspapers purchased throughout the month)!! That is so awesome!!! Before March I could easily show that I had saved MAYBE $3 a month in coupons!! However, I am frustrated that I still spent way too much on groceries for our family of 6 (I'm too embarrassed to share the total) - although it is lower this month for the first time in over 6 months. I remind myself that my total grocery spending does also include items that are going into our stockpile not just our regular cupboards; not to mention that my freezer and cupboards are full and we have a nice stockpile in the basement. I also remind myself that I have only been seriously couponing for approx. 2 months and I am guessing that it does take some time to see the overall grocery spending go down but I still wish that I were seeing greater savings! SIGH!!!

No comments: