Monday, December 8, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - wk of 12/8


Okay... here I go... I am committed to having my weekly menu planned each weekend so that I can post it here to participate in Menu Plan Monday at http://orgjunkie.com/ (there are LOTS of other weekly menus posted there to inspire you) and as accountability.

My goal this week is to use up some chicken in the freezer and to use what we have here at home instead of buying things from the grocery store; I did a lot of stockpiling of several sale items before Thanksgiving so I need to cut my grocery spending back this month. Here's what I have planned for this week (if you want me to post recipes, leave me a comment and I will start adding recipes):

Breakfast:
Mon: waffles
Tues: oatmeal
Wed: cinnamon rolls
Thurs: muffins or quick bread
Fri: cereal
Sat: eggs and sausage
Sun: french toast casserole

Lunch:
Mon: chicken and rice (cubed chicken breast cooked with a lipton rice pouch)
Tues: pigs in a blanket (hot dogs rolled in crescent rolls) with macaroni and cheese
Wed: grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup
Thurs: leftover ziti (from Wednesday dinner)
Fri: fish tenders and noodles (a lipton noodle pouch)
Sat: manwich and tatertots
Sun: pork chops and gravy in the crockpot

Dinner:
Mon: shredded pork loin tacos with mexican rice and hamburger helper for kiddos
Tues: chicken and gravy in the crockpot with stuffing
Wed: baked ziti with garlic bread
Thurs: meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole
Fri: our church is having a Parents' Night Out, so we will do something easy for the kids and Eric and I (and Elijah) will go out for dinner - yippee!!!
Sat: chicken alfredo (I am not fully committed to this yet, so this could change)
Sun: chicken sandwiches

I hope that you, too, are inspired to plan your meals for the week.
Many blessings and happy "eats"!!

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!

:)

Anonymous said...

Welcome!
I'm very impressed that you've planned all 3 meals every day!