Saturday, December 6, 2008

Frugal haircuts - saved $80!!

My latest frugal conquest... reasonably priced haircuts. Several months ago I posted on a local homeschool Yahoo! group to ask for places to take my kids for reasonably priced haircuts (the last place I took them cost me nearly $80 with tip). Several group members suggested that I get a good, sharp pair of scissors and do it myself.

Well, it has taken a couple of months to work up the courage but I finally did it! My 4 oldest were in desperate need of cuts (the baby doesn’t have any hair, so he was safe… this time), so I got out my scissors that are dedicated haircutting scissors (previously for bangs only). I cut Sarah’s (age 3 ½) and Matthew’s (age 2) hair on Saturday night and both turned out pretty well; actually, Sarah ended up with a chin-length bob that is adorable and Matthew had his mullet-wanna-be hair trimmed back a nice non-redneck length – LOL!! Then on Monday, Hannah (age 7) and Rachel (age 5 ½) decided that they wanted haircuts too! While I felt less confident with their cuts, they actually turned out looking quite nice!! My aunt liked the cuts and then was quite impressed when I told her that I cut it myself!! I am so thankful to all who encouraged me to “just do it” myself - thanks HANCK members! I plan to hit Sally Beauty Supply soon for a cape, real haircut scissors and maybe a razor/trimmer for the boys’ hair!
Here are some of our before and after pics:

Sarah before Sarah after

my boys...
Elijah - safe from the scissors... this time
Matthew - now free from his mullet-in-the-making (sorry no before pics)
(aren't these boys just too cute together!!!)

Rachel - before Rachel - after


Hannah - before Hannah - after (what an improvement!)









1 comment:

bookworm kris said...

Oh! They look so cute! Great job. Speaking of... I found a cape you're welcome to have.

Kris