Sunday, October 26, 2008

Menu planning - sigh!

Okay, I am not doing so good with my plan to have our family's meals planned. I am struggling with this for some reason. I stumbled across this blog that has a a menu making 101 section that was interesting, You can read it at: http://menumakermom.blogspot.com/search/label/Menu%20Making%20101

I keep trying to find a system that will be easy! I see many sites talking about "make a menu, then a grocery list, then shop and get deals if you can" but that just doesn't work for me. I am a coupon- and deal-shopper so I buy what is on sale and stock my freezer and cupboard with those items. I need to do my menus based on what is on-hand. I know that menu planning shouldn't be hard but I am really struggling to get my brain wrapped around a system that works based on my shopping style. I wish that a meal/menu-planning guru could just come sit at my dining room table with me and "hold my hand" through making a multiple-week menu; that would help me so much! LOL!! Since that will probably never happen, I will just keep re-reading the blog posted above until it is burned into my brain!!

I am encouraged, though, as I had already done some of the things suggested in that blog. I have a binder of recipes broken down by category and I have a freezer and pantry inventory, so there is hope!!!! LOL!! I just need to get those things matched up into meals!! SIGH!! Why does that seem so elusive?!?!

I am once more inspired to start again!!

Many blessings!

No comments: