Thursday, October 16, 2008

Meal/Menu Planning Challenge

HI! If you have looked at my blog before then you know that I LOVE to coupon shop!!! Because of that I usually have a pretty good stockpile of dry good and freezer items. Well, we are wanting to pay down some debt and one expense that we can easily cut back on is groceries. So... that means that I need to meal plan to use what we have on hand instead of buying things to make meals (and to avoid the dreaded drive thru at a local fast food restaurant). I hope to use this blog as an accountability tool to post how I am doing on using what we have on hand to make meals and for how I am doing on my grocery spending! (I hope to only buy screamin' deals that are just too good to pass up.)

If any of you have any great meal planning tips for using what is already in one's pantry and freezer or sites that are good for recipe searches, please leave me a comment!

I'll start by saying that today for lunch we had leftovers and for dinner the kids and I had grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. I estimated the cost of our dinner to be $3 +/-! WOOHOO!!!

Blessings!

1 comment:

The Rouse House said...

I regularly use allrecipes.com. You can do an ingredient search to find recipes using items you have on hand. It's great!!